Thursday, September 25, 2014

New places in Romania One Year Time Lapse

My past two trips back to Romania, I was able to go to places that I had actually never been before even though I had lived there for three years.

During my August 2013 trip I went to the one place that should have been my first stop when I actually lived in Romania...Bran castle, the inspiration behind Dracula.
 
Here's the castle itself

Hanging out outside the base

The courtyard inside the castle

The roof

Vlad Tepes (the guy who inspired Dracula) and his family tree.

Iconography

Me with a soba!!!

Another soba, which is a room heater that uses firewood.

The Romanian crest

The Iron Maiden!! They actually had a torture instrument exhibit, but I was unable to convince any of my friends to go with me :(

Never want to sit in that chair, ever

Me with my friend's cousin

These are actually the scales like the ones they used in Monty Python and the Holy Grail to see if the woman weighed as much as a duck to prove that she was a witch. I'm yelling "But I'm not a witch!" in this pic ;)

Romulus and Remus and the Romanian flag :)

Hollywood sign...you have met your Romanian match

 
Beautiful sky

Such adorable streets in Brasov...which is in Transylvania

The patios are so much fun to have lunch at

Me in the middle of the town center

The black church (I had actually been here and to Brasov before, but they're right next to Bran castle so I we had to stop by here)


A memorial for the Romanian Revolution

The architecture in Transylvania is gorgeous

Peacock flower arrangement


Gorgeous statue

And of course, on the way home, we had to stop to pick up my favorite sweet, Kurtos Kallacs!!!

I don't know how to describe it, kind of like a huge rotisserie cooked pretzel that's sweet.


My friend's bag is AWESOME!

Sooo delish!

And then at home (Târgu Ocna) I had my other fav sweet waiting for me

Alba ca zapada (snow white) it's delish, white chocolate cream filled pastry with chocolate and white chocolate drizzle.

Then in September 2014 I was able to visit Ceahlau (pronounced "chea-lau"). It's one of the most sacred mountains in Romania. It's where the Dacians would climb up to perform rituals. Here are pics from the road trip with my friends.


































































No comments: